Police and Crime Commissioner Election
For the Cheshire Police Area
1. An election is to be held for a Police and Crime Commissioner for the
Cheshire Police Area.
1. Nomination papers can be obtained from the office of the Police Area Returning Officer, Election Office, 7th floor, Municipal Building, Kingsway, Widnes WA8 7QF, during the times stated below. Due to covid please email email@example.com or telephone 0151 511 7802 to request a
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Police Area Returning Officer at Election Office, 7th floor, Municipal Building, Kingsway, Widnes WA8 7QF between 10am and 4pm on any working day after publication of this notice but no later than 4pm on Wednesday 8 April 2021
3. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made
5. The £5,000 deposit can be paid by legal tender, electronic bank transfer or by means of a banker’s draft from a drawer which carries on business as a banker in the United Kingdom. .
6. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
7. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
8. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on 6 May 2021. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
Dated: Thursday 18 March 2021
David Parr OBE
Police Area Returning Officer